Even though the photo instructions for boosting you WiFi signal with a can are fairly clear, let me add some textual tips as well. You will need a beer can or a soda can, both work equally as well. And if you are underage, a soda can may be easier to find. The steps for this DIY project are easy.
- Wash out the can and remove the pull tab.
- Use a utility knife and cut off the bottom of the can.
- Cut through most of the top of the can, but leave about 1-inch that you don’t cut through.
- Attach some adhesive putting to the top of the can to hold it onto the wireless router and place over the antenna.
- Enjoy your extended WiFi created by a simple DIY hack.